The Amy McGrath for Senate campaign is accepting applications for a Newspaper Outreach Associate position in the Constituent Services Department. This position will play an integral role in voter outreach, including coordinating op-eds and letters to the editor for publication in Kentucky newspapers.
- Work closely with the Director of Constituent Services to identify possible Kentuckians to write op-eds or letters to the editor for their local newspaper
- Assist in the drafting of these letters or op-eds, reflecting the overall messaging goals of the campaign
- Ensure proper submission of pieces and follow up with the newspaper and writer to track publication
- Maintain records of all pieces submitted and published
- Knowledge of Kentucky’s political landscape
- Comfortable with use of G-Suite, including Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Self-starter attitude and strong work ethic
- Understands discretion and is open to flexible work hours
- Comfortable communicating and building relationships with newspaper staff and members of the public
- Can communicate and collaborate with a team
- 2+ years of writing experience
- Previous journalism experience a plus but not required
- Kentucky-based a plus but not required
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Newspaper Outreach Associate” in the subject line.
Amy McGrath for Senate is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Amy McGrath for Senate is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. Amy McGrath for Senate will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.