The Amy McGrath campaign for U.S. Senate is hiring a Voter Protection Volunteer Coordinator.The Voter Protection Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of the voter protection volunteer program.
- Overseeing and recruiting Voter Protection volunteers
- Planning for and overseeing poll observer program
- Planning for and overseeing poll challenger program
- Training volunteers on their specific roles and responsibilities
- Communicating with voter protection coordinators to ensure volunteer needs are being met
- Reporting potential instances of voter suppression and intimidation
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who thrives under pressure and is willing to do what is necessary to get the job done. He or she should ideally have experience in field organizing.
- Previous experience on campaign field team
- Candidates with organizing and political experience are sought
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience organizing and managing volunteers
- Experience with tight deadlines and long hours
- The ability to think creatively and find solutions quickly
- The ability to work well and remain calm under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills are required and candidates should have experience using Google docs
- A basic understanding of common direct voter contact programs (phone, mail, canvass, etc)
- Must be a self-starter; willing to work sometimes long, irregular hours and to travel as needed
To apply, please send your resume and three references to [email protected] with “Voter Protection Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line.
Amy McGrath for Senate is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Amy McGrath for Senate is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. Amy McGrath for Senate will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.